This is the most common and very popular topic, most of the people keep on telling me, write an article on High Blood Pressure. Hence, I am going to cover all major aspects of high blood pressure (hypertension) with a simple meal plan. Which will help you to lower down the blood pressure? Make sure read this post till the end
High blood pressure is one of the most common lifestyle diseases these days and the number one risk factor for
stroke and a major risk factor for heart disease.
Hypertension is available in most of the houses and suffering from high blood pressure miserably nowadays. The fact is that almost 90% of patients don't know they have a victim of high blood pressure and this makes it even worse. And now, Children is also getting affected largely.
What Is Blood Pressure Exactly
Blood pressure is the force of blood against the wall of your blood vessels knows as "arteries" as well. Your blood pressure depends upon your two measures called systolic and diastolic. The systolic is the top number measures of the pressure when your heart contracts and pushes out of your blood. On top of that, diastolic is the bottom number measure when your heart relaxes between the beats. Meaning, both works opposite each other.
Here is the table below, where blood pressure different levels have defined from low, medium to high in human body
Suggested-The best food for liver
High Blood Pressure
If you've already a diabetes patient, then the high-risk category of your blood pressure could be a little bit lower. Make sure your blood pressure should be less than 130/80. Otherwise, consult your doctor if it is higher than 130/80.
Causes Of Hypertension(High BP)
In fact, your exact causes of high BP are not oftentimes clear because it could be based on your-
- Eating pattern and salty foods
- Being Overweight or obese
- Alcohol Intake
- Lack of exercise
- Family history
- Long-term sleep deprivation
Some more common causes:-
- Long-term kidney infections
- Problem with your thyroids
- A side effect of medications
- Using illegal drugs
- Kidney disease
Just by making slight changes in your lifestyle you can readily keep your High BP at a normal level.
Symptoms of High BP.
As a matter of fact, Many of the people are not aware of and don't experience it, because it is perceived as a silent condition.
Hypertension typically evolves over the course of many years and it may take years to reach grim levels. If you find these symptoms, still can be held responsible.
Some symptoms of severe hypertension which can include:-
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Blood in urine
- Visual changes
If you get to see these symptoms, require immediate medical attention. however, they don't see in everyone with hypertension, waiting to appear for a symptom could be deadly in most of the cases.
There is the only way to diagnose your hypertension is to get regular blood pressure readings, The more you pay attention to regular readings, the more chances to diagnose your High BP and take immediate action before it turns to severe condition.
Consult your doctor or personally purchase BP measurement machine and keep on tracking your High BP on a regular basis then tell your doctor about your risks for High BP.
If you have a family history of heart disease or have any risk factors for evolving the condition, maybe your doctor recommend you to check your BP twice a year. This will help you and your doctor to avoid any issue to be problematic.
Suggested- HIIT workout for beginner
What To Do To Control High BP
High blood pressure has involved many factors, some factors you cannot control as I mentioned above, as such gender, age, and your family history. And apart from other factors, as such a healthy lifestyle, exercise can help reduce the risk of High BP.
After 65 years, women are more sensitive than men to get High BP. Entire women's life, health issues such as birth control, menopause and pregnancy can develop the risk of High BB.
Here are the things to control your High BP. Follow these step by step:-
- Eating healthy diet plays a major role in every step of your life. Whole grains food and vegetables and low dairy foods are the best things to lower down your high BP. Track your food what you eat, read the label of your product is not high in sodium.
- Reduce the amount of sodium you eat and increase potassium because potassium helps lessen the effect of High BP. High sources sodium are found in several foods like canned meat, fish, white bread, etc. Along with this, lower your salt intake in cooking. Just 1 teaspoon has 2300mg sodium. Use herbs and spices to add flavor to your food. Sodium daily recommendation as per FDA 2400 and potassium 4800. But you add 1500-2000mg sodium and 3500-4000mg potassium.
- Regular physical activity for about 20 to 30 minutes can lower your blood pressure by 4-9 mmHg (millimeters of mercury). Moderate to vigorous activity like walking, jogging or any aerobic activity can provide you best result. In fact, no need to go to a gym. Park can also be the preferred place to perform these.
- Avoid being overweight and maintain a healthy body weight. If you come in the overweight category, lose your body weight up to 10% can help to lower down your blood pressure as well as decrease the chance of heart attack and stroke.
- Quit smoke if you smoke, tell your doctor or healthcare about quitting it. In fact, each cigarette you smoke increases your blood pressure for some time after you Finish. Try to quit smoking or cut down up to 1-2 a day. Expert says, quitting smoking helps to lower your BP and increase the life expectancy.
- Reduce your alcohol limit to not more than 2 drinks a day and a 1 drink for women. One drink equals 12 ounces of beer, five ounces of wine. Having more than moderate amounts of alcohol can actually raise your High BP.
- Reduce your stress and find a healthy way to manage your stress. Way too much stress may increase your High BP. Avoid unhealthy stress by drinking alcohol, smoking and eating unhealthy food. Take some time to think that what causes you feel stressed as such financial, work, relationship, family etc. Once you found out, try to deal with that. But don't take any stress for no reason. Watch your favorite tasks like- watch a comedy show or listen to music or read favorite books, which will help you to reduce your stress.
A simple meal plan to lower down "High blood pressure"
Upon Waking Up
- 1/2 Garlic Clove On Empty Stomach
Breakfast (8-9 AM)
- 30g Muesli or 40g oats
- 200ml Non-Fat Milk
- 1g Cinnamon
Morning Snack (11-12 AM)
- 1 cup Papaya
- 28g Almonds or Cashew or 40g Roasted Chana
Lunch (2-3 PM)
- 1 cup Quinoa (cooked) or 100g Chicken Breast boiled
- 1 cup (mix) Carrots, Cucumber, Green Peas salad
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1sp Olive Oil
- 1sp Ketchup
- Pinch of salt if needed
Afternoon Snack(5-6 AM)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Biscuits (Parigi or Britannia)
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup Yellow Lentils or Green Lentils
- 2sp Onion
- 2sp Tomato
- 1sp Green Chill
- Pinch Salt/ Pepper
Follow this plan properly and do some outdoor activity for minimum 30 minutes. Make sure before performing any intense activity consult your doctor in order to avoid any mishap. Don't forget to share as much as possible who need this and subscribe for more such updates. See you guys soon.