If you love fitness and looking for a good workout split, so you’ve landed in the right place. I am going to share 5-day workout routine/split that will help you add to your workout. Make sure read till the end.
In fact, well-versed weight trainers who mostly want to focus their training might choose for a 5-day split routine with emphasis on different body regions each day.
For your kind information, weight training refers to the allocation of training to several body regions and muscle groups in a workout.
Usually, this is simply done different days of the week but might be done in different sessions of a single day if you want to train more than once each day.
If you look at the general fitness splitting sessions into upper and lower body exercises is a popular approach and you may not need more.
For example. you can add like chest, upper back, shoulders, and arms for upper body, and for lower, squats, abs, and deadlift, etc.
On the other hand, if you are experienced when it comes to physical exercises, preferably try this 5- day workout routine.
There is a simple and typical routine would be like this:-
- Monday- Arms
- Tuesday- Legs
- Wednesday- Chest
- Friday-Back and Abs
- Saturday-Shoulder and Traps
Things to be noted before you start 5-day workout routine below-
1. make sure warm-up before you start. It can include some light cardio plus a light set of each exercise. Also, add cool down at the end of the exercise while walking and light stretching.
2. Lift each weight as per you experience level and capacity.
3. Recovery times should be around 60-90 sec in between sets.
4. Drink water during the whole workout session in order to hydrate your body.
5. Stop exercising if you feel any kind of acute pain and see a doctor.
1. Peacher Curls (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
2. Seated Dumbbell Arm Curls (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
3. Hammer Curls (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
4. Skull crushers (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
5. Pully pushdowns+triceps extension (12-15 reps of 3-4 sets)
1. Barbell Squats (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
2. Seated Leg Extension (12-15 reps of 3-4 sets)
3. Seated Leg Press + Leg Curls (12-15 reps of 3-4 sets)
4. Lunges (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
5. Standing Calf Raises (12-15 reps of 3-4 sets)
1. Dumbbell Bench Press (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
2. Barbell Incline Bench Press (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
3. Butterfly (12-15 reps of 3-4 sets)
4. Decline Dumbbell Fly or Dumbbell Press (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
5. Dumbbell Pull Over (12-15 reps of 3-4 sets)
Day-4, Rest/Cardio for 30 minutes
Day-5, Back and Abs
1. Pull-ups (8-10 reps of 4 sets)
2. Straight-Arm Pull Down (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
4. Bent over Barbell Row (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
5. Leg Raise (20 reps of 4 sets)
6. Crunches (20-30 reps of 3 sets)
7. Side Bending Rotation (15 each side of 3 sets)
8. Planks (Hold for 20-30 sec)
Day-6, Shoulder And Traps
1. Barbell or Dumbbell Shoulder Press ( (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
2. Upright Row (8-10 reps of 3-4 sets)
3. Front Dumbbell Raise+Side Lateral Raise (12-15 reps of 3-4 sets)
4. Bent over Lateral Raise (12-15 reps of 3-4 sets)
5. Dumbbell Shrugs (20 Reps)
As you can see the workout structure above. This is the 5-day workout routine. Now, it doesn’t mean that you follow the same, you can easily switch as per your experience and fitness levels. Otherwise, you can follow it for 2 months then change the routine.
Basics Of This Routines
In fact, most fitness athletes and trainers aiming for general muscle, strength, and power usually that is called a full-body workout, that’s is the best approach you can say.
It means all the major muscle groups in the boy like chest, back, shoulders, arms, abdominals, and legs. you know that those who compete they include more split in their training by breaking these major muscle groups into the body parts.
This is where split routine can be lucrative since you can spend complete sessions simply on just a few major groups of muscles.
However, the upper and lower body makes a good split for someone who has not enough time on his beginner phase. Also, splitting your training in this way, you will have more time to take advantages.
However, splitting routines are preferred by bodybuilders than powerlifters or weightlifters.
But if you follow journal fitness, you can also utilize this simple technique to pack more training into a week by week program to avoid busy schedules, of course give some twist.
This was the complete guide of “5-day workout routine” Share your thoughts below and tell which is your best routine?